Summertime = Summer Vacation!!!
It’s common for a lot of people on vacation to skimp on gym time. However, if you’re like me, and don’t want to see a big surge on the scale when you get back from vacation, then you know what you have to do. I know I can’t afford to spend a week with minimal exercise. Typically on vacation, I bring my running shoes so I can jog at least once or twice. Otherwise, I make sure to walk a lot so I don’t feel bad about my slightly unhealthy eating choices.
- When possible, walk instead of taking an Uber or public transportation. In January, I visited Paris again and averaged about 25k steps a day due to walking so much.
- Set aside time each day to exercise, especially if you’re on a more leisurely beach vacation.
- If you happen to be on a beach vacation, take advantage of active activities like paddle boarding, snorkeling, kayaking, and swimming.
- If possible, choose a hotel which has a gym. If your hotel doesn’t have a gym, pack lightweight exercise equipment like a jump rope or bands.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- When choosing an excursion, opt for activities like a biking or walking tour.
Do you exercise when you’re on vacation? How do you make time to stay active when you’re away from home?