- Hot sauce is my favorite condiment. I have tried various types of hot sauce but i’m completely satisfied with basic Louisiana or Crystal’s hot sauce.
- I love all things pesto. Pesto on pizza is divine!
- Speaking of pizza, it has remained my favorite food no matter how many places I’ve been fortunate to visit. I will say that pizza in Italy is absolutely the best!
- My first trip abroad was to Madrid, Spain when I studied abroad my senior year in college.
- I speak a rudimentary level of Georgian, after serving in the Peace Corps for two years in the small Eastern European country.
- I abhor asparagus and cooked spinach. I don’t mind spinach in a salad but that’s where it stops.
- One of the few things I collect is small amounts of foreign currency from every country I visit. On my wall is a frame with several different currencies.
- I make an effort to call my mother every morning. Talking to my mom first thing in the morning, is always a good way to start my day.
- I went on my first solo trip when I was 29. At the conclusion of a work trip to Nepal, I traveled to Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia. I was definitely nervous leading up to the trip but it was a defining moment in my life.
- As a child, I traveled a lot throughout the U.S going back and forth to various church conventions.
- So far, I’ve been to 36 states.
- I completed the Chicago marathon in 2009. Great experience but I’d never run another marathon.
- My favorite author is Ken Follett. He has a way with words that keep me spellbound from start to finish.
- I have 12 nieces and nephews.
- Swimming is my favorite sport. I learned how to swim when I was about 8. I try to swim a few times a month at my gym.
- I have never broken a bone.
- I have seen Beyoncé in concert four times. I guess you can say I’m a bonafied member of the beyhive.
- I hate coffee and all things coffee flavored.
- New Zealand is my favorite country hands down. I love the people, the culture, landscapes, everything about N. Z!
- My husband and I met on the dating app, Bumble. You can find the love of your life too with the right swipe, lol.
- My favorite flavor of ice cream is cookies and cream.
- 90% of the clothes in my closet are from Goodwill. I hate spending a lot of money on clothes.
- I love podcasts. They are a great way to kill time at work or on a plane. My favorites are Criminal, Snap Judgement, Ear Hustle, and the Moth.
- I didn’t think i could get sunburned until my first trip to Bali. I got the worse sunburn of my life. For at least two weeks after the trip, my skin was peeling on my face, shoulders, and arms.
- My guilty pleasure is candy. I love gummy candy, chocolate, licorice, pretty much everything.
- Due to my candy obsession, I’ve had more than ten cavities.
- Game of Thrones is one of my favorite shows. I’m eagerly awaiting the final season!!!
- If I could learn another language, it would be French or Portuguese.
- I’m not a huge fan of resorts. I feel like resorts take away from having an authentic experience.
- Documentaries are one of my favorite kinds of movies to watch.
- Investigation Discovery is my favorite TV channel. I am obsessed with true crime shows.
3 thoughts on “31 random facts about me!”
Finally someone else who understands me! I do not like cooked spinach, only in salads. If it gets soggy in salad I don’t like it either, it has to be fresh.
Great minds think alike!!! Thanks for reading!
Good stuff B!